Subject: Re: Binary only drivers in sys?
To: None <bjan+tech-kern@bjan.net>
From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@itojun.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/26/2003 05:52:22
> I've considered LKM's as potentially the ideal solution to the problem,
> but there are no examples of LKM network drivers. Could such a thing
> be made reasonably easily? How would I go about it?

	i guess it doesn't have to be "driver LKM", but "part of the driver
	as LKM".  sys/lkm/net/deflate should be helpful as an example.

	include the main portion of the driver into sys/dev/pci (or whatever),
	and the driver has function pointer(s) for hook(s).  until the function
	pointer(s) are filled all ioctls to the driver would be rejected.
	by loading LKM we fill in the function pointer(s).

itojun