Subject: Re: non-executable mappings
To: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
From: Bang Jun-Young <junyoung@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/25/2003 17:12:54
On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 10:34:41PM -0700, Chuck Silvers wrote:
> hi folks,
>
> I checked in the support for non-executable mappings that I talked about
> a couple months back.  many thanks to the openbsd guys for the head-start
> on this that I got from their code.

Thanks for the great work! (And kudos to OpenBSD guys as well :^)

BTW, with regard to this work, I'm curious about how per-thread stacks
in the multithreaded apps are protected from being executed, especially
on i386. Both _lwp_create(2) and clone(2) require user-supplied stacks
as arguments, so there's currently no way to make them non-executable.

Jun-Young

--
Bang Jun-Young <junyoung@NetBSD.org>