Subject: Re: pppoe LCP keepalive timer lossage
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Jesse Off <joff@stchome.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/24/2003 10:47:48
I'm using 1.6.2, I noticed your change yesterday.  It looks like it deals
with the sending of the PADI and PADR packets, and not the LCP echo-req.
I don't have a problem with establishing or reestablishing the session,
its just knowing when a session its already got is dead.  I'm using pppoe
on a very unreliable DSL line that periodically goes away and when it
comes back, the PPPoE server on the other end won't respond to packets
from the old session.  I really need to depend on periodic LCP keepalive's
noticing this and attempting to restart a new session.

//Jesse Off