Subject: Re: Wskbd
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org, martin@duskware.de>
From: anand lalgondar <anandlalgondar@hotmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/21/2003 17:54:07
Hello,

Let me reframe my question:

I have a MIPS Target Board that uses an onboard serial port acting as a
console. It is a machine dependent driver, and it'is boots through NFS.

I am using a i386 as a host system and download the Target image thru tftp
to the Target Board.

I am trying to port USB Device Driver to my MIPS Target Board, and have made
corresponding entries in the config file.

Now when I connect a USB keyboard it gets detected as "wskbd0 at ukbd0" in
the dmesg. But when I press any key on the USB Keyboard it doesn't display
anything. I assume this is because I dont have any wsdisplay.

Now the point is, can I redirect the output of wskbd0 to any character
device driver (In my case to a serial port) instead of wsdiplay. If yes what
are the entires to be made in wskbd driver.

Or How can I make the wsdiplay operate on my Serial driver instead.

Can you figure out with these statements.

Thanks for help provided.

Regards,
Anand Lalgondar