Subject: Wskbd
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: anand lalgondar <anandlalgondar@hotmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/21/2003 16:26:17
Hello,

This is with respect to wskbd.

According to man pages of wskbd(4):
   The wskbd driver handles common tasks for keyboards within the wscons(4)
   framework. It is attached to the hardware specific keyboard drivers and
   provides their connection to ``wsdisplay'' devices and a character device
   interface.

According to the last sentence will the wskbd support a character device
apart from the wsdisplay, OR are they both refering to the same device, i.e
is wsdisplay refered to as the character device.

If yes, does the wskbd support any serial port driver that is machine
specific(evbmips), since we are seeing the console from that serial port.
(We don't have a VGA card)

If the wsdisplay != the character device mentioned, how can I mention my
custom serial port driver (charcter device) in the wskbd driver code.
#if NWSDISPLAY > 0
static int  wskbd_set_display(struct device *, struct wsevsrc *);
#else
#define wskbd_set_display NULL
#endif
According to the above code if wsdisplay is not present then there should
some other character deivce that can take the inputs from the wskbd.

My wskbd is sitting on the ukbd, and we dont have a normal console (VGA) but
instead configured one of the serial port as console.

Can anyone please help me in this respect.

Thanks anyways.

Regards,
Anand Lalgondar

Formula 1 fan? This is for you!