Subject: Re: pci probe
To: None <cgd@broadcom.com>
From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@itojun.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/16/2003 06:30:38
> (I don't know what Itojun implemented, but was responding to your
> suggestion that a more general filter was desirable.  If what he did
> was a device-specific quirk, well, maybe it could be better but it
> wouldn't harm other devices at least.  whereas, a more general check
> might.)

	in summary,
	- check hdrtype early, and skip if hdrtype > 2
	- add functionality to skip certain function (on multifunction device)
	  into quirk table
	- quirk table: skip GEODE device function 1
	  if we touch one of PCI_ID_REG/PCI_COMMAND_STATUS_REG/PCI_CLASS_REG on
	  this device, the system panics.   this is where i am puzzled (why
	  freebsd is okay).  according to SC1100 document, function 1 has
	  0x100b/0511 as vendorid, not 0xffff.

itojun