Subject: esis routing table messed up
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Philip=20Christian?= <philipchristian2003@yahoo.co.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/14/2003 19:33:52
--0-2084669204-1060886032=:33327

I have two laptops, a compaq armada m700 with built in Intel NIC and a Dell CPXj with PCMCIA Ethernet cards.

Both are running same 1.6 kernel

When I do "route -n show" on the Compaq the OSI routing table is fine

When I do the same on the Dell the MAC address for the IP routing table is right, but is messed up for the received OSI address.  The MAC address of the Dell itself is right.

The messed up MAC address has the 1st, 2nd and last bytes correct, but the 3rd, 4th and fifth are garbage.

The same thing happens whether I use D-link DE-650 (comes up as ne2) or Xircom Creditcard Ethernet 10/100+ Modem 56 cem56-100 (comes up as xi0)

I used Ethereal on a third PC to look at the ESIS packets going to the Dell, and they look right, so it must be the processing of incoming ESIS PDUs that is messed up on the Dell but not on the Compaq.

Philip

---------------------------------
--0-2084669204-1060886032=:33327

<DIV>
<P>I have two laptops, a compaq armada m700 with built in Intel NIC and a Dell CPXj with PCMCIA Ethernet cards.</P>
<P>Both are running same 1.6 kernel</P>
<P>When I do "route -n show" on the Compaq the OSI routing table is fine</P>
<P>When I do the same on the Dell the MAC address for the IP routing table is right, but is messed up for the received OSI address.&nbsp; The MAC address of the Dell itself is right.</P>
<P>The messed up MAC address has the 1st, 2nd and last bytes correct, but the 3rd, 4th and fifth are garbage.</P>
<P>The same thing happens whether I use D-link DE-650 (comes up as ne2) or Xircom Creditcard Ethernet 10/100+ Modem 56 cem56-100 (comes up as xi0)</P>
<P>I used Ethereal on a third PC to look at the ESIS packets going to the Dell, and they look right, so it must be the processing of incoming ESIS PDUs that is messed up on the Dell but not on the Compaq.</P>
--0-2084669204-1060886032=:33327--