Subject: Re: BUS_DMA_CONTROLDATA flag for bus_dma(9)
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/14/2003 08:36:36
On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 08:02  AM, Allen Briggs wrote:

> If the proposal is accepted, do you have a migration plan for all
> of the ports?  Will port-masters be responsible for doing the right
> thing on certain ports, will they all be updated appropriately, or
> what?

The change would be mostly mechanical for most ports right now --
simply treat BUS_DMA_CONTROLDATA the same was BUS_DMA_COHERENT is
treated.  Then individual ports can begin migrating towards full-blown
BUS_DMA_CONTROLDATA support, and individual drivers can be adapted to
use it.

I've done several mostly-mechanical changes to all of the bus_dma(9)
back-ends before, and I see no reason why I couldn't just do it again
:-)