Subject: Re: Possible USB quirk
To: None <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@pobox.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/06/2003 10:34:05
In message <3F309BC4.1000908@augustsson.net>, you write:

-> Well, it's not so easy. :)
-> I tried with a slight different initial sequence that tries to read 18
-> btes the first time (which is also legal if you restrict the maximum
-> packet size properly).  Then some other devices fail.

Heh, d'oh!

-> Making a quirk for it is tricky since the read that fails happens
-> as you try to read product and vendor ids.  And you need those ids to
-> look up the quirk.  But I'll give it some thought.

Right you are... Is this bug/issue independent of host controller?  I think
almost all my machines have Intel USB host controllers (that's uhci, right?)
so I'm not sure if this happens with others with any regularity...

Thanks,
--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@pobox.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill