Subject: Re: SiI0680 chip support (CMD ATA controller)
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Buelow <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/04/2003 19:18:46
matthew green writes:

>this patch applies for me to the top of the 1.6 branch and is identical
>to the year old patch in netbsd-current, sans the RCSid updates... i have
>not compile or run-tested this...but i'd expect it to work.  oh, you may
>need pcidevs update for PCI_PRODUCT_CMDTECH_680 but maybe not.

Yes, I needed to update pcidevs.  The patch seems to work fine
now, thanks.  One issue is that the card shows up as pciide0
and the board's controller as pciide1 (while before it was
the other way round of course, causing the boot to fail because
wd0 wasn't where it was before), which is a bit annoying.
But then, I had to hard-"wire" the wd* entries in the kernel
config anyways, for consistent use with raidframe.

--
  Matthias Buelow;  mkb@{mukappabeta.de,informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de}