Subject: Re: Topdown UVM breaking COMPAT_IRIX?
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/03/2003 00:07:15
Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com> wrote:

> The solution is to have the probe function return the initial address
> to load the interpeter at.  If non zero, use it along with VMCMD_FIXED
> to force the image to be loaded at the specified address.  Everything
> else will happen automagically.

In the probe function, I need to open the interpeter file, load its ELF
header, look for the right section header and get the load address from
it. Not an overkill job, but it's a bit frustrating to introduce the
need for it. How did it worked before, and why can't it still work like
that?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
Il y a 10 sortes de personnes dans le monde: ceux qui comprennent