Subject: Re: New i2c framework
To: Kamal R Prasad <kamalrpr@in.ibm.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/30/2003 07:20:17
On Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at 11:08  PM, Kamal R Prasad wrote:

> Ive come across MIPS hardware wherein a seperate i2c bus provides
> connectivity to temepeture sensors and fans.
> In that case, i2c devices can interrupt every other activity. I hope
> your
> framework supports that type of hw too.

Well, whether or not a device interrupts is actually a very
platform-specific thing... board-dependent code would have to handle
that, because it depends greatly on how the devices are wired up on the
board.

But for the case of "a separate i2c bus" talking to "temperature
sensors and fans"... of course the new code supports that.  (It's
certainly one of the applications I need it for...)