Subject: NetBSD Device Driver Writig Guide
To: None <>
From: Jochen Kunz <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/29/2003 10:59:14

I have written a "NetBSD Device Driver Writig Guide", that is now
available in version 1.0:=20
(LaTeX source including .pdf.gz and .ps.gz)
It consists of three main sections:=20
- Introduction to autoconfig(8).=20
- Usage of the autoconfig(8) infrastructure, demonstrated on the example
of rf(4).=20
- Core of the rf(4) driver, that shows how data is transfered from and
to a (disk) device.=20

As the file names sugest: This is written in German.=20
What we now need is:
1. A, preferably german speaking, NetBSD kernel hacker that reviews this
2. A (group of) volunteer(s) that translate this to Neudeutsch^WEnglish.

(3. A native English speaker that reviews the translation.)

I am not willing to do the translation, but I will coordinate it. I used
only a few and simple LeTeX commands, so it would be no troble to work
with the LaTeX source for people not familar with LaTeX.=20