Subject: Re: New i2c framework
To: None <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/28/2003 13:42:20
In article <7A539743-BFF5-11D7-AB8E-000A957650EC@wasabisystems.com> you write:
>I have converted the "tl" driver to use the new i2c framework, and have
>also converted the acorn26 and acorn32 ports (the latter because they
>had an "iic" device node whose name clashed with the new one).
>Unfortunately, I cannot test these 3 things -- I'm relying on other
>people to do this for me.

There don't seem to be implementations of iomdiic and iociic in the patch.
Is this a mistake, or are they just left as an exercise for the portmaster?

>I'd like to get this code checked in soon (mostly because if I don't,
>I'll run out of time to worry about getting it merged in).  I think it
>will be useful to folks, and it (or something like it) will be required
>by some new ports that are currently being worked on.  So, please test
>out those three previously mentioned things, look over the code, and
>tell me what you think.  :-)

There doesn't seem to be anything fundamentally wrong with the code that's
relevant to Acorn systems.  I haven't read the rest in any kind of detail.

--
Ben Harris                                                   <bjh21@NetBSD.org>
Portmaster, NetBSD/acorn26           <URL:http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/acorn26/>