Subject: Re: FYI: this time, really about to import crypto framework
To: Quentin Garnier <netbsd@quatriemek.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/22/2003 17:11:32
An unpleasant combination of a blown head gasket and a blown laptop
battery put rather a crimp in my plans :-/.

I'd like to commit the basic OCF code over the next day or so; that'd
leave allocating dev entries for the /dev/crypto pseudo-device.

I'm also leaning more towards following the FreeBSD pathnames (crypto
transforms in sys/crypto, the "framework" code in /sys/opencrypto) as
one of the main motivations (for me at least) is to port & commit Sam
Leffler's ``Fast ipsec'' code, too. I did make some progress on that
in April/May but recent commits have made some of that older work moot.

This is assuming there's still a consensus to move towards a
continuation-passing crypto framework for IPsec in general (which is a
pre-requisite for taking advantage of crypto accelerator cards) and to
Fast-IPsec (finishing adding Ipv6) in particular.