Subject: Re: HP 88780B round tape drive
To: Pankaj's Unix Account <purohit@mussafah.oilfield.slb.com>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/22/2003 16:47:30
Hello, I don't thibnk the 88780 can read NRZI tapes- I think it can only
do PE (1600BPI) and GCR (6250), but I could be wrong. I haven't actually
used one of these drives for nearly 10 years.

Try toggling the front panel's density selector to see if it will select
800BPI. In any case, when you load a tape, and the drive moves the tape
to load point, if it's readable it should tell you which density it
thinks it is.

I don't believe that there's any specific s/w setting you need to
perform.