Subject: EJUKEBOX
To: None <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: None <rick@snowhite.cis.uoguelph.ca>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/22/2003 10:40:16
I don't really think anyone uses NQNFS and it will be superceded by NFS V4
completely. I recently became aware of the requirement for a different xid
for V4 (never noticed that for V3). I also don't thing using a different xid
will do any harm for NQNFS, if anyone cares. (My vague recollection is that
NQNFS TRYLATER is just used for what NFS V4 calls NFSERR_GRACE, which means
the server just restarted and is letting clients recover leases. If that is
correct, the xid doesn't matter.)

Just mho. Good luck with the fix, rick
ps: I'll make sure that the new nfs code I'm working on for V4 (there is a
    pretty current snapshot that you can anonymous ftp from
    snowhite.cis.uoguelph.ca) does use a different xid. (The current code
    doesn't change xid, so don't go looking in the snapshot for a fix:-)