Subject: ogle
To: None <tech-pkg@NetBSD.org, tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/18/2003 16:00:20
Hi!

Watching DVDs with ogle under current seems broken,
but I'm not exactly sure which part to blame.

All DVDs I tried stop playing at some particular point,
always the same point for each DVD, with:
#!FATAL[ogle_mpeg_ps]: dvdreadblocks failed

I'm currently running 1.6R from April 22,
and I tried downgrading libdvdcss, libdvdread, and
ogle to versions from January (1.2.4, 0.9.3, and
0.8.5nb1 respectively, compiled against April 22
userland), but it still happens there.

I think it worked in 1.6L (January 9) with the
package versions mentioned above, but I'm not sure.

I can't boot the 1.6R userland with older kernels
to test, though, since it 1.6F and 1.6O for example
both die with:
warning: lookup /dev/console: error 20
exec /sbin/init: error 20
exec /sbin/oinit: error 20
exec /sbin/init.bak: error 20
init: not found
panic: no init

Even when I replace /sbin/init with /rescue/init.
Errno 20 is ENOTDIR, so I'm a bit confused.
I didn't change my root filesystem in the last 7 months.

Any clues?
 Thomas