Subject: Re: fsync performance hit on 1.6.1
To: NetBSD Kernel Technical Discussion List <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/09/2003 16:05:32
>> Maybe, maybe not, but your example is irrelevant - inumbers are
>> _not_ the API-visible namespace for filesystems!
> Anyone who ignores the fact that unix filesystems are inherently flat
> namespaces at their lowest level does so at his or her own peril!  ;-)
> Directories are just files full of names and pointers to the true
> numerical namespace of the filesystem.

You are still insisting on confusing the implementation namespace
(inumbers) with the API namespace (pathnames).

Given how intelligent you have proven yourself ot be in other areas, I
can only conclude you are being deliberately stubborn in this
misunderstanding, and I see no need to even attempt to discuss matters
with someone acting that way.

Goodbye.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign