Subject: Re: MTD driver cleanup
To: Peter Bex <Peter.Bex@student.kun.nl>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/01/2003 22:10:53
    Date:        Tue, 1 Jul 2003 17:04:29 +0200
    From:        Peter Bex <Peter.Bex@student.kun.nl>

  | Should the code stay the same, or not? It simply ignores packets which are
  | too large right now. Is this correct behaviour?

The driver should never get packets that are too large, it is the
net stack's responsibility to watch for the mtu and enforce that.
If it did happen, the driver should just return an error.

Are you actually seeing attempts to send packets that are larger
than your driver has set the interface MTU to?   Which upper level
protocol is generating those, do you know?   (Or is the driver
perhaps not setting the correct MTU?)

  | I've posted to tech-net (which seemed the correct list for this), but nobody
  | responded, that's why I am posting it here.

I'm not sure which of the lists is best for a network driver question.

kre