Subject: MTD driver cleanup
To: None <>
From: Peter Bex <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/01/2003 17:04:29

Hello all,

I'd like to suggest that someone removes the debug message emitted by the m=
driver when it's time to release NetBSD 2.0.

When I created the driver, I put in a debugging message in mtd803.c, lines
463 through 465. This is certainly not something one would like in a produc=
system. (The messages are quite numerous)
Problem is, I still do not know what to do with the code. I created this
driver quite 'blindly', since I am not really familiar with networking stuf=
Should the code stay the same, or not? It simply ignores packets which are
too large right now. Is this correct behaviour?

The driver works, though, so I think just removing the lines should suffice.
But since the (excellent) motto of NetBSD is: ''It doesn't work unless it's
correct'', I would like to point it out to all of you. Perhaps someone who
knows more about network cards than I could have a look at the code, and
perhaps explain this all to me.

I've posted to tech-net (which seemed the correct list for this), but nobody
responded, that's why I am posting it here.

							-- Donald Knuth