Subject: re: Update: rough SA patch (works on SMP)
To: Stephan Uphoff <ups@stups.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/01/2003 19:27:13

   I found a code path that might screw up an upcall and fixed it.
   Looks like I can't blame libpthread anymore ;-)

   Can you try the following incremental patch ?
   My SMP machine is headless and phoenix runs using X over ssh tunnel.
   Probably because of this I had a tough time reproducing a single
   SIGBUS before the newest patch. (>30min intensive browsing)
   Since the changes I have been browsing for hours without a SIGBUS.

OK, i tried this on my laptop (UP :-) and i'm still seeing
"transcode -v" cpuspin intead of exiting, and i've now seen
a hang while xmms & mplayer were both running... i haven't
(yet) setup serial console for the laptop (*it* is normally
the portable serial console.. ;-) so i have no real debug info.

(this is against just prior to recent "lwp" changes -current.)

.mrg.