Subject: ktrace records now get lwp id
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org, current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/29/2003 00:28:36
I've just committed my patches that put the lwip into ktr_buf.  This is
just a temporary solution, the lwip should go in its own field but doing
this properly is the next phase and part of that will be to make the
ktrace interface 'versioned'.

More than likely this change does not include all the changes for all
the platforms and drivers that it needs to.  I've only been able to do
i386 in a timely fashion and I don't want my patches stagnating any
longer than they have to.  FWIW, my test compiles have been against a
LINT kernel so whatever drivers that includes is what I've done.

Without a doubt I've broken all the other architectures compiling some
drivers for which I apologise in advance but *I* can only do so much.
The changes required to get these changes to work are going to be more
manual than tricky.  Typically replacing 'struct proc *' with a
'struct lwp *', maybe adding a l_proc here or there is what's required,
along with updating function prototypes.

Cheers,
Darren