Subject: Re: config(8) and defopt
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Fry <Ian.Fry@sophos.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/25/2003 09:12:07
On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 09:53:54AM -0700, john heasley wrote:
> Does anyone have a problem with me removing support of the deprecated
> 'defopt' (replaced by defflag and defparam) kernel config grammar?

Wouldn't this prevent a config built from -current from being able to
configure a kernel from, say, the 1.6 branch?

In fact, I think this may already be true - the last time I tried
building a 1.6 kernel with tools built from -current, the configure step
failed.  I'll have to try again, as this may have been fixed in the
meantime.

Ian.