Subject: Re: Trailing '/' to mkdir(2) revisited
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/23/2003 18:47:38
On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Todd Vierling wrote:

> Many other NetBSD syscalls are not POSIX compliant.  They don't have to be.
> That's why link-time libraries and -D_POSIX_SOURCE exist.

Actually, the number of system calls that actually get replaced by
libposix is quite small (chown, fchown, lchown, and rename).  It'd be nice
to keep it that way, and in this case, I think that'd be best done by
getting POSIX clarified to permit us to do what everyone else does, if it
doesn't already (and in the meantime fixing our mkdir and ignoring the
conflict).

Unfortunately, the use of the term "path prefix" in POSIX is horribly
tangled (it has three meanings, only one of which is documented), and
teasing it out will take time.

Portmaster, NetBSD/acorn26           <URL:http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/acorn26/>