Subject: Re: libpthread
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/21/2003 15:06:09
>>> Well, don't be afraid to read sources, [...]
>> Yes, but the person experiencing the problem is not always capable
>> of reading code.
> 'make a system that even stupid will be able to use it and ...' etc.

Well, yes, there's that, but NetBSD has been going after a non-coder
userbase for quite some time now.

> [I]f we're talking about less experienced category of users then the
> best they can do is to file prs and to collect as much information as
> possible for every occasion.

Yes, but that "collect...information" step involves turning on the
debugging options that apparently (to judge from upthread) are supposed
to be found by reading code.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign