Subject: Re: libpthread
To: Matthias Buelow <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/21/2003 02:49:44
On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 02:47:08AM +0200, Matthias Buelow wrote:
> But are there solid plans underway to give NetBSD 1x1
> and MxN kernel threading

MxN is what the SA code does, so NetBSD currently does that. The issue
is that it's not release quality yet. 1x1 has been possible for a while
with the clone(2) system call. It's Linux compatible, so you could
compile linuxthreads on NetBSD with some minor adjustments.

> Otherwise I would, of course.)  Another issue is SMP, robust and well
> performing, especially on i386.

SMP is quite stable on i386 (and other platforms). Except if you use
applications that use libpthread, which must be fixed.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                                            fvdl@netbsd.org
NetBSD. Free, Unix-like OS. > 45 different platforms.    http://www.netbsd.org/