Subject: Re: libpthread
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Buelow <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/21/2003 02:47:08
Jason Thorpe writes:

>The pthread library has a number of debugging options.  There is a

You're all talking about the library, and of course that's the
interface programs have to use to access the threading API (however
implemented.)  But are there solid plans underway to give NetBSD 1x1
and MxN kernel threading like which has appeared in FreeBSD 5.x?  Or
are things like that delayed until enough volunteers will be found
(which might never happen)?  I'm not whining, I just want to know (and
I unfortunately don't have the time/expertise to do it either.
Otherwise I would, of course.)  Another issue is SMP, robust and well
performing, especially on i386.

--
Matthias Buelow;  mkb@{mukappabeta.de,informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de}

    ``Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.''
        -- William of Ockham (~1285-1349, "Occam's Razor")