Subject: Re: (vm.filemax issue) -- Re: UBC on a no swap system
To: David Maxwell <david@crlf.net>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/21/2003 01:50:52
On Wed 18 Jun 2003 at 22:09:26 -0400, David Maxwell wrote:
> I haven't dug into the depths of UVM, but I think the significant code
> is this:
>
> sys/uvm/uvm_pdaemon.c:347
> /*
>  * uvmpd_scan_inactive: scan an inactive list for pages to clean or
> free.
>  *
>  * => called with page queues locked
>  * => we work on meeting our free target by converting inactive pages
>  *    into free pages.
>  * => we handle the building of swap-backed clusters
>  * => we return TRUE if we are exiting because we met our target
>  */
>
> void
> uvmpd_scan_inactive(pglst)

That comment cannot possibly match the code, since the function is void.
Something needs to be fixed.

-Olaf.
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@       -- "What good is a Ring of Power
\X/ polderland.nl            -- if you're unable...to Speak." - Agent Elrond