Subject: Re: Kernel source tree specifications
To: None <>
From: Jochen Kunz <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/20/2003 22:12:57
On 2003.06.21 04:41 Ian Zagorskih wrote:

> Just a note from userland: config and autoconf stuff could [must ?!]
> be documented and described much better.=20
> but if it were well documented with examples and user guides a'la
> "step-by-step" it would save me *tons* of time
Well. Yesterday I finished my "NetBSD Device Driver Writing Guide"
mostly. I.E. I have to draw some diagrams and I am waiting for the
result from a review to work in some last corrections. This paper
explains how autoconf(9) works, what bus_space(9) is, ... and shows how
a simple disk driver works on the example of the rf(4) driver.=20

You can have a preview at it:
(LaTeX source)

Attention: This is written in German. I hope there will be an englich
translation later.=20

Homepage: NetBSD-treiber_schreiben.tar.gz