Subject: Re: USB device detection
To: Brad du Plessis <bradd@cat.co.za>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/04/2003 00:47:08
Each USB driver is given the chance to look at the device and it will
respond
with a priority of how well it can handle the device (0 means it cannot
handle it at all).  So to get a device recognized as by the umodem driver
you need to change the match routine in umodem.c.
It's highly unlikely that this will work, though.  You have probably got
a USB winmodem.

    -- Lennart