Subject: Re: default vnodes in the system
To: matthew green <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/02/2003 14:13:42
On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, matthew green wrote:
> what do people think?  perhaps as a first step raising it to 1%
> would alleviate most of the problem[*]

I think that some benchmark would be nice.

What would it have to do to allocate many vnodes - open many files
concurrently, or sequentially? In the latter case, a kernel-compile/build
with -j1 (to make sure that enough RAM is left) might show some impact
from a change, no?

 - Hubert

* Basics ->
* Setup  ->