Subject: Re: st driver somehow blocking interrupts *way* too long.
From: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.org.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/28/2003 10:23:52
> Now I'm sitting at home with a cheezy 5MB/sec SCSI DLT 2500 on
> an ancient bha host adapter, trying to restore a tape of some
> music files.  I'm noticing not only time slip but a steady stream
> of "ohci0: one scheduling overruns".

Is this on alpha?  I tried burning on CD on my PC164 the other week and,
while it was doing it, saw hundreds of messages along the lines of:

  ohci0: 14 scheduling overruns
  ohci1: 15 scheduling overruns
  ohci0: 11 scheduling overruns
  ohci1: 13 scheduling overruns

The CDR is on the IDE bus:

  pciide0 at pci0 dev 11 function 0: CMD Technology PCI0646 (rev. 0x01)
  pciide0: bus-master DMA support present
  pciide0: primary channel wired to compatibility mode
  atapibus0 at pciide0 channel 0: 2 targets
  cd0 at atapibus0 drive 0: <RICOH DVD/CDRW MP9060, , 1.80> cdrom removable
  cd0: 32-bit data port
  cd0: drive supports PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2
  pciide0: primary channel interrupting at isa irq 14
  cd0(pciide0:0:0): using PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2 (using DMA data transfers)

So, if it's the same problem, it's definitely not related to the host adaptor.

                    My other computer also runs NetBSD
                          http://www.netbsd.org/