Subject: st driver somehow blocking interrupts *way* too long.
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/24/2003 15:56:19
About a year ago I noticed that when backing up to DLT my main
fileserver's clock seemed to slip severely.  I assumed it was a
problem in the adw or isp drivers, hunted for it a bit, and
really found pretty much nothing.  I stopped using the fileserver
as an NTP server and didn't think much of it.

Now I'm sitting at home with a cheezy 5MB/sec SCSI DLT 2500 on
an ancient bha host adapter, trying to restore a tape of some
music files.  I'm noticing not only time slip but a steady stream
of "ohci0: one scheduling overruns".

I don't see anywhere obvious in the st or mid-layer code that
would block interrupts for a Long Time, but now I'm convinced
there must be some such problem.  Does anyone else see an
obvious suspect here?