Subject: Re: FASTTRAK100 woes (Was: 3ware escalade install problem)
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/21/2003 12:47:49
> Of late I can produce a .sym file, but /usr/mdec/installboot (the
> older variety) barfs on processing it.  I think ELF has a lot to
> account for.

I'd look at how the stand/boot/biosboot code builds, and see if the
netboot stuff (for a specific card) can be build that way.

After all it is really only a matter of building the correct program!

It might even be possible to put the netboot code into the standard
biosboot, and for all the network cards.  Space isn't very tight there
anymore.

I don't really have the systems to test this.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk