Subject: Re: FASTTRAK100 woes (Was: 3ware escalade install problem)
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/21/2003 09:40:39
> Installboot is a mystery.  If you're responsible for the new version,
> will you please give us a pointer to the man pages for it?

$ less /usr/share/man/cat8/installboot.0

> And can we get rid of the confusion/ambiguity.

I'm working on it, but need to sort out the pxeboot and netboot stuff
before the existing code can all be moved to the attic.

> I'm still reeling from no longer being able to produce a netboot diskette.

Was that ever possible?
The netboot stuff that is (currently) lurking in CVS is bootprom code.
(if a little larger than most of the proms).

It might be possible to add support for one (or maybe more) of the
netword cards into the bios loaded boot code.

> Happy to help you refine this in the next few days.

I'm AFK until next week...

> I presume this is on -current.  It will take me some time, but I'm
> certainly interested.

Yes...

	David

--