Subject: Lockup with GENERIC-MP kernel (05-19-03)
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Rickard <mjr318@psu.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/20/2003 18:20:01
I'm running NetBSD-current from 05-19-03, with the GENERIC-MP kernel.
This is on a Compaq SP700 with dual P3 Xeon 550's.  When I try to build
bash2 from pkgsrc, it begins the configure and then proceeds to lock up
repeatably after:

	checking if getcwd() calls popen() ...

On the console that I am doing the build on, I am able to type (or at
least echo characters to the screen), but the input is ignored.  I can't
ctrl-c to kill the task.  I can switch to other virtual consoles, but
cannot input anything at all.

I can't ssh into the box at this point either, but it still responds to
pings.  I'm forced to hard reboot to get the system back up.

I'm not sure what this configure step is doing to cause the lock, but I'm
hoping someone can shed some light into this.

-Matt