Subject: Re: Minimum swap size
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/19/2003 14:46:47
Thus spake Wojciech Puchar ("WP> ") sometime Today...

WP> what about making just 2 partition?
WP>
WP> / and swap
WP>
WP> Time to get rid of strange tradition where systems and disks was failing
WP> often, checking partition was very long etc..

1.  Checking partitions is still very long for those who do not have
    blindingly fast machines.

2.  Partitioning == (to an extent) security.

3.  "strange tradition"?  Partitioning is a "strange tradition"?

Woj, it would be advisable to actually walk the mile before complaining
that your feet hurt.  I don't know what kind of wonderful world you live
in that filesystem checks are at a minimum, but older machines do not
check 60G in 5 minutes.

				--*greywolf;

    /* ...who grew up on a machine that took 30 minutes to fsck 140MB */
--
Microsoft:  Living proof that Borg screw Ferengi.