Subject: Re: IDE LED always on
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@theory.cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/13/2003 10:35:46
--1LKvkjL3sHcu1TtY

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 10:30:35AM +0200, Wojciech Puchar wrote:

> > > when i used linux there was same problem - but was fixed in linux 2-3
> > > years ago.
> > >
> > > unfortunately i don't know how.
> >
> > If they had public CVS, it would be possible to find that...
> >
> unfortunately they doesn't have, but can't netbsd implement one read
> command at bootup? (same as one dd in /etc/rc)

If you want my opinion:

That's against the our mantra: "do it right".

You know the workaround, you have already applied it. There is no need to=
=20
apply yet another workaround - especially as no real function is harmed.

If you find out what the real problem is and how to fix it, fine.

Regards,=09
	is

--1LKvkjL3sHcu1TtY

--1LKvkjL3sHcu1TtY--