Subject: Re: compiling config
To: Simon Burge <>
From: Kamal R Prasad <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/13/2003 11:20:10
Kamal R. Prasad
AIX Support & Test, IBM India Software Labs
Golden Enclave, Airport Road, Bangalore-560017, India
Phone : +91-80-5094963,  Internal Ext   : 2963

Simon Burge <>
05/07/2003 07:32 AM
        To:     Kamal R Prasad <"Kamal R

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 07:06:36AM +0100, Kamal R Prasad wrote:

> If you can list the procedure to get this working(assuming its not
> documented somewhere), that would be great. Also, I managed to build
> (BSD make) thinking it is a prerequisite. But  Im missing and
> if its available for download somewhere,  pl. let me know.
> thanks

>If you want to build a NetBSD kernel (or the entire sources) you should
>look at for information
>on cross-compiling.  This will be _much_ easier than fighting with
>individual tools.
I could get bmake to build through my earlier hack. this script
generatea  a directry in /tmp/nbbmake<key> and places all the .o files
there. then it does a cc -o nbmake & deletes the directory (and probably
the binary too). can you help me progress beyond this pt?

>If you have any AIX-specific problems, we can fix
>those when we come to them.
pl. see
Item (1) still needs to be patched up after #include <ar.h>. the rest of
it is ok.

also, in one of the header files the bit field is declared as follows:-
short field1:8,
this generates compiler error. the patch to this on AIX is:-
short field1:8;
short field2:8;

Simon Burge                                   <>
NetBSD Development, Support and Service: