Subject: Re: Layered file system issues - please report
To: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
From: Aidan Kehoe <kehoea@parhasard.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/12/2003 08:40:39
 Ar an 11ú lá de mí 5, scríobh Sean Davis :

 > I noticed something when having my source tree union mounted: even though
 > the source tree itself (ie the real files/directories under the union mount)
 > were all owned by dive, dive could not create files in directories on the
 > union mount. I didn't investigate it much further because I didn't feel like
 > having to su to root every time I wanted to stick a file somewhere.

I think that may depend on who does the mounting. I do

  # /sbin/sysctl -w vfs.generic.usermounts=1
  # suspend

  zsh: suspended (signal)  su
  ~ > /sbin/mount -t union -o -b /Sources/xc.orig /Sources/xc
  ~ >

where xc.orig is the unmodified source tree; I can write to /Sources/xc and
below fine.

--
"I have heard the swelling cry of the English speaking peoples of the
world, and it tells me their cause is served best by flaming the few