Subject: Re: is there an sshfs for NetBSD ?
To: BokLM <>
From: Kamal R Prasad <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/08/2003 13:15:45
you may want to try writing a cryptographic file system instead.
this would involve layering a filesystem over another ( and though Im not
sure how), some work has been done on this at UCLA.

Kamal R. Prasad
AIX Support & Test, IBM India Software Labs
Golden Enclave, Airport Road, Bangalore-560017, India
Phone : +91-80-5094963,  Internal Ext   : 2963

BokLM <>
Sent by:
05/07/2003 05:02 PM
        Subject:        is there an sshfs for NetBSD ?

  I would like to know if something like an sshfs (to mount a remote file
system using ssh) aldready exists in NetBSD. I think this can be pretty
usefull sometimes ...

Similar things seems to work with Linux :
but I didn't find anything for *BSD.

In fact I ask this because I am a student in Epita (a french computer
school) and we have to choose a project to work on from now to september,
and I am looking for an idea. The language and the subject can be
but I'm pretty interested in kernel programming (even if I never worked on
something like this. I'm a newbie in kernel programming, but I have no
with C). I would like to know if someone is aldready working on something
like this, and/or if you have any advice for this. Or if you have an idea
what could be a good and interesting project, don't hesitate to tell me.

* email :
* Jabber:           Jabber sailfutur !