Subject: compiling config
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Kamal R Prasad <kamalrpr@in.ibm.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/07/2003 06:52:23
Hello,
 Im trying to compile /usr/sbin/config on AIX 4.3.
I am using native C compiler, and am getting errors and Im inclined to
believe its the compiler type but not the code that is causing the errors.
does that mean I need gcc to build /usr/sbin/config (as also the kernel)?
sounds like a rather striongent requirement. if it had been just ANSI C
compliant -that would have been better,
I prefer to use the native C compiler because it has better optimizations
for the target hw.
thanks
-kamal

Kamal R. Prasad
AIX Support & Test, IBM India Software Labs
Golden Enclave, Airport Road, Bangalore-560017, India
Phone : +91-80-5094963,  Internal Ext   : 2963