Subject: prep port
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Kamal R Prasad <kamalrpr@in.ibm.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/03/2003 14:54:58
Hello,
 I am working on the prep port for POWER3 based architecture.
From the last machine that was ported (on netbsd's list of IBM  boxes for
prep port), the major change is that this one is a 64-bit hardware. so, it
requires exception handlers and page table setup to be changed.
(irrespective of whether its run in 64-bit or 32-bit emulation mode).
netbsd as I know is 64-bit ready. but does that apply to all ports or only
to some (and extra effort needed for this one)?
thanks
-kamal

Kamal R. Prasad
AIX Support & Test, IBM India Software Labs
Golden Enclave, Airport Road, Bangalore-560017, India
Phone : +91-80-5094963,  Internal Ext   : 2963