Subject: Re: nfsd page loaning
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Junwen Lai <lai@CS.Princeton.EDU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/25/2003 13:18:51
> > Did you measure NFS read speed before and after this change?
>
> i haven't benchmarked exactly.
> but when a client is reading a big file over 100base-T link,
> read speed is almost same as before and top(1) on my nfsd box shows
> about +10% idle time.
>
> YAMAMOTO Takashi

These numbers look promising, but maybe some more regid experiments are
needed to quantify the benefit of page loaning in NFSd.

Here is what I suggest :), I am a lazy bum..

First make sure the big file is in memory. Second, what is the CPU usage
w/o the NFS experiments? Third, if possible, try Gigabit ethernet...

All mumbo-jumbo, you can just siliently ignore it.

-Junwen