Subject: Re: statfs changes
To: enami tsugutomo <enami@sm.sony.co.jp>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/22/2003 08:28:12
On Apr 22,  2:08pm, enami@sm.sony.co.jp (enami tsugutomo) wrote:

Previously the code did not check in *some* filesystems for length
limitations, and truncated partially the statfs info or did not
set it correctly (i.e. it bailed out early if a copy{,in}str()
failed. Now it enforces the limits on all the filesystems.
Unfortunately the limit is 90 characters now. Having incorrect
statfs info can have security implications.  We could increase the
limits, or it is trivial to remove the checking...

christos

| Previously, some filesystems are allowed to be mouted on deep
| directory, but it looks like no longer possible.  Is this supposed
| change?
|
| enami.
-- End of excerpt from enami tsugutomo