Subject: Re: swap on cgd(4)
To: Roland Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/17/2003 19:40:48
On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Roland Dowdeswell wrote:

> I've an interesting issue with cgd(4) which has been brought to my
> attention by Lubomir Sedlacik.  That is: if cgdconfig(8) configures
> up a cgd with a randomkey then the device does not have a disklabel.
> This is all good for ffs because the default disklabel has a default
> type for the RAW_PART partition which is of type 4.2BSD but it
> poses a problem for swapping.  I've thought of a few ways to solve
> this issue and wanted to propose some of them for feedback.

	How about an option to disklabel to create a single partition
	spanning the given device with the specified type.

	Eg:	disklabel -g cgd0 a swap

	could be useful for autogenerated vnd devices and similar.
	(though it may make sense to fail if there are any other non
	raw partitions in existance on the device :)

--
		David/absolute          -- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --