Subject: Re: va to pa
To: sarah jane smith <sarahj@m-net.arbornet.org>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/16/2003 08:21:54
On Tuesday, April 15, 2003, at 07:43  PM, sarah jane smith wrote:

> Ok, I got a little closer. Given a vm_map_entry, suggestions on how to
> convert its address span into physical addresses or is (vaddr_t) start
> and
> (vaddr_t) end already what I'm looking for?

You could use pmap_extract() with the proc's pmap structure and the
virtual address, but that will only work if the pmap has actually been
loaded with the mapping (it is done lazily).

Also note that unless the region is wired, the PA can change over time
if the underlying page is reclaimed.

What is it that you're trying to do, exactly?