Subject: Re: myrinet license compatable with NetBSD kernel?
To: None <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/10/2003 11:25:12
At Thu, 10 Apr 2003 16:42:58 +0000 (UTC), brook@biology.nmsu.edu wrote:
> Is this compatible with the NetBSD kernel?

Alas, no, for the points mentioned below.

> By the way,
> who actually decides such issues?

If you have a question about license acceptability and want a
definitive answer, send mail to technical-exec @ netbsd.org, we should
be able to say for sure.  (Really, we should document it well and
publically, but there are so many hours in a day.)

(There may be some files in the source tree which currently don't
follow these restrictions, but hopefully not the kernel.  "We're
working on it.")

>    * Permission to use, copy, modify and distribute this software and its   *
>    * documentation in source and binary forms

Good so far.

> for non-commercial purposes   *

Nope.

>    * and without fee is hereby granted,

(This just means you don't have to pay them, it's fine.)

> provided that the modified software *
>    * is returned to Myricom, Inc. for redistribution.

Nope.

chris