Subject: Re: ELF loader question
To: Kyle Unice <kyle@midnighttech.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/08/2003 21:18:56
On Tuesday, April 8, 2003, at 08:41  PM, Kyle Unice wrote:

> I built a cross compiler and linker for xscale ELF.=A0 I built the=20
> NetBSD source and linked the NetBSD 1.6 /sbin/init and=20
> /usr/libexec/ld.elf_so with the cross compiler.=A0 The problem is that=20=

> in when the OS is booting and check_exec() is called, the structure=20
> member epp->ep_entry is never set,=A0 so the sanity check at line 290 =
of=20
> kern_exec.c.=A0

Don't use xscale-elf.  Use arm-netbsdelf.  You must use a toolchain=20
properly targeted to NetBSD.

If you want to enable the xscale optimizations in the compiler, all you=20=

need to do is pass -mcpu=3Dxscale to arm--netbsdelf-gcc.

"build.sh" at the src toplevel should take care of building the=20
toolchain for you.